Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review of 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House, St. Petersburg, FL

My wife and I recently move the Florida Gulf Coast and we like to go out to eat at various restaurants and I thought it might be fun to give some quick reviews of our experiences. We eat at everything from dives to high end dinning places. Instead of going backwards and telling about all the places we have been I will instead review each place as we go to them.

As time goes by I'm sure I will be able to add some enhancements like photos and hyperlinks and other sorts of things. I find that a blog format tends to evolve over time as I learn as I go. So the first post will have many growing pains.

First up is ambiance. For me this encompasses an overall feeling of the place as well as the actual looks. 400 Beach scores high in this category. An open atmosphere with inside and outside sitting. Today we were doing an early diner as we had skipped lunch, so it wasn't crowded and we had a choice of tables. From ours you could see the harbor and boats at the docks. The high ceilings and modern, yet comfortable decor was very well done.

Second is food quality. It was a home run for my meal of a grilled piece of grouper, with rice and stir fried vegetables. An outstanding meal. My wife had the braised ribs and was unimpressed. She felt she could easily achieve the same effect making a pot roast in a crock pot and it did not match up with some braised ribs she had at a French Bistro from our former home town in the Baltimore, Maryland area. Still it was good.

Service is next. It was excellent, attentive without being intrusive and he kept the iced teas full.

Last and not least price point. For two full dinners and a glass of wine $63 before tip. I thought this was a decent price point. It has the atmosphere of a fine dining restaurant, great ambiance and a great location. A good bang for the buck. My personal rule of thumb is that for a nice meal it will run $50 per person with tip, especially with alcohol.

Overall Rating - It is a keeper and I would go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment